- Honari, A. (2017). Responses to repression. Sociopedia. DOI: 10.1177/205684601751.
- Honari, A. (2017). The formation of consensus in Iranian online communities. In S. Gordon (Ed.), Online communities as agents of change and social movements. IGI Global, p. 165-202. (Sample PDF)
- Honari, A. (2015). Online social research in Iran: A need to offer a bigger picture. CyberOrient: The Online Journal of Virtual Middle East. Vol. 9 (2). (PDF)
- Honari, A. (2013). From virtual to tangible social movements in Iran. In P. Aartz, & F. Cavatorta (Eds.), Civil society in Syria and Iran: Activism in authoritarian contexts. Lienne Reinner, p. 143-168.
Research Project Report
- Honari, A., Bezouw, M. van, Namazie, P. (2017). The Role and Impact of Iranian Migrants in Western Europe. (PDF)
- Klandermans, B., Stekelenburg, J. van, Duijndam, C., Honari, A., Muis, J., Slootman, M., Welschen, S., Klein, O., Mahieu, G. (2016). Bedreigde identiteiten: De wisselwerking tussen anti-islambewegingen en de radicale islam. WODC. (PDF) (Summary in English)
- Honari, A. & Keshavarzi, S. (June 2017). Who organizes, mobilizes and participates in ‘nature Cleaners’ collective action in Iran: Explaining differential participation forms. Presented at the collective action annual meeting. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Honari, A. (2017) How Immigrants’ Experience of Repression in the Homeland Influence their Political Participation in a Host Country: The Case of Iranians in Western Europe. Migration and Political Engagement. University of Manchester, Manchester, the UK.
- Honari, A. (2015) Hope and Fear: The dynamics of off- and online movement participation. Protest participation in variable communication ecologies. Sardinia, Italy.
- Honari, A. (2014). The dynamics of off- and online movement participation under severe repression: Iran’s 2013 presidential elections. European Association of Social Psychology, Amsterdam, the Netherlands: EASP general meeting.
- Honari, A. (2014) The Iranian Green movement between two elections, 2009 – 2013: dynamics of off and online protest participation under repression. Fifth Annual Young Scholars in Social Movements Mini-Conference, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana. (800$ funded by Center for the study of social movements, University of Notre Dame)
- Honari, A. (2012). Embeddedness and risk in online activism: the case of Balatarin.com. Emancipatory projects, institutional design, possible futures. Denver, Colorado: ASA annual meeting.
- Honari, A. (2011). The consequences of Iran’s Green Movement for an online network structure: The case of Balatarin.com. Cities, Connectivity and Creativity. Istanbul: IAMCR conference. (fully funded by Annenberg school of communication, University of Pennsylvania)
- Honari, A. (2011) The role of the Internet in empowerment of women movement in Iran. The twenty second international conference of the Iranian Women’s Studies Fundation. Amersfoort, the Netherlands: IWSF. (http://vimeo.com/25617941)
- Stark, T., Maes, M., Honari, A. (2011). Threshold models of Behavioral Diffusion. Sunbelt social network conference (sunbelt XXXI). St. Pete Beach, Florida: INSNA.
- Honari, A. (2008). Student movement and politicization as style. Republican Iran after 30 years: Social movements and the construction of public sphere. Paris: Sciences Po. Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Internationales. (fully funded by Science Po.)
- Kadivar, M. A. & Honari A. (2015, April 6th) Iran’s Grass-roots Politics and the Nuclear Deal. Washington Post’s Monkey Cage.
- Honari, A., & Sarfarazi, A. (2015, February). The 2014 US House of Representative elections: A reflection on electoral and movement politics interrelationships. Sokhane Ma(5), 94-97.
- Honari, A. (2014, December). Issue-centered social movements in Iran: Problem or solution? Zanane Emrooz(7), 40-42.
- Honari, A. (2014, June). The relationship between president Hassan Rouhani and social movements in 2013 Iran presidential elections. Andisheh Pouya(16), 51-53.
- Honari, A. (2014, September) The politics of the Iranian Science Minister dismissal. Andishe Pouya (19), 52-54.
- Honari, A. (2014, June) The relationship between the Iranian Green Movement supports and Rouhani in 2013 presidential elections. Andishe Pouya (16).
- Honari, A. (2013, Nov.-Dec.). State and social movements. Andishe Pouya(12), 28- 29.
- Honari, A. (2009, January). The critique of the reformists’ discourse on the 10th presidential election in Iran. Goftogu Quarterly(52), 132-140.
- Honari, A. (2008, Winter). Assessing the student movement’s relationship to the current social space and political power structure. Goftogu Quarterly(50), 165-179.
- Rasoul Jafarian, Urban understanding of the Constitutional Revolution (1906-1911), reviewed in Goftogu Quarterly 51 (spring 2008)
- Touraj Atabaki, Man of Order, reviewed in Goftogu Qquarterly 49 (summer 2007)
Invited Talk, Lecture, Debate, workshops (selection)
- “Elections and Social Movements in Iran,” Invited talk, organized by Amsterdam Centre for Middle Eastern Studies, 25 Feb 2016, UvA, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- “Social Movements and Collective Actions in Iran,” Invited talk, organized by People’s University, 11 Jan 2016, UvA, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- “Iran’s youth movement,” Invited talk, roundtable on Iran’s civil society organized by United Republicans of Iran, 12 May 2013, Cologne, Germany.
- Debate and Roundtable on the social political situation in Iran, Invited talk, United Republicans of Iran, 13 October 2012, Cologne, Germany.
- “Convergence and democracy: the experience of the Iran’s Green Movement,” Invited keynote, INALCO , 9 June 2012, Paris, France.
- “Iran’s student movement and the experience of the Iran’s Green Movement,” Keynote speech and discussion in analysing Iran’s student movement invited by Simorgh Menschenrechtsverein Dortmund, 9 July 2011, Dortmund, Germany.
- “social movement in non-democratic societies.” Instructor in workshop for the Green’s Iranian political activists (diaspora): invited by Les étudíants Iraníens en France, the Green Heralds of Hope (Safirân-e Sabz-e Omid) convention, 24 July 2011, Paris, France.
- “Collective action; from theory towards practice” Keynote speech for Iranian Students in Delft University: invited by Iranian Students Society of TU Delft, Delft University, 22 April 2010, Delft, the Netherlands.
Media Presence (selection)
- Debate on 2013 Iran’s Presidential Election on Balavision, June 10th 2013, 1:45:56 (http://www.balavision.com/episodes/aaxgyjj/parts/2c8s23i)
- Debate programme “Pargar” on ‘the future of the Iran’s Green movement’ on BBC Persian Television, May 18th 2011, 51:15 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/world/2011/05/110513_ptv_pargar_52.shtml)
- Interview with RASA television on the street demonstrations, 12th June 2011, 4:38 (http://www.youtube.com/rasatelevision#p/u/459/hnH_kdmNjPs).
- Interview with RASA television on suppression of elites under the presidency of Ahmadinejad, September 14th 2011, 6:25 (http://www.youtube.com/rasatelevision#p/u/44/kOvsi78vHH4).
- Interview with RASA television on the Green Heralds of Hope Convention summary, August 3rd 2011, 4:57 (http://www.youtube.com/rasatelevision#p/u/257/bQ4P-0KylD0).
Interviews with Media (selection)
- Interview with Rooz online on Rowhani’s campaign success, June 18th, 2013.
- The necessity of ‘street’ for the Green Movement, Interview with Rooz online, 13th February 2012.
- Revisiting of the role of the social networks and the Internet in the Green Movement, Interview with the social news aggregator – sabzlink.com, 25th August 2011.
- The Green Movement seeks to change the existing order, interview with Rooz online, 6th March 2011.
- Interview with Daneshjoonews (student movement website) on social networks and the its importance in social movements, 14th October 2010.
- “We believe in non-violence movement” on statement of 34 prominent exiled student activists, 1st June 2010.
Editorials, Op-ed, and Other Publications (in Farsi)
Applying sociological theories and approaches on the Green Movement
- “Election environment as a political opportunity”, 2012, BBC Persian, http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/persian/viewpoints/2012/01/post-22.html#more
- “The role of ‘position’ in social networks; narrative of meeting of the Mir Hossein Mousavi and Gabriel Garcia Marquez”, 2011, Jomhourikhahi, http://www.jomhourikhahi.com/2011/09/mousavi-meeting-marquez.html
- “The Student Movement and the experience of the Green Movement”, 2011, Jomhourikhahi, http://www.jomhourikhahi.com/2011/07/student_mov_as_life_style.html
- “self-conscious citizens and spontaneous demonstrations; from Leipzig to Tunis, Cairo and Tehran”, 2011, Kaleme- official Green Movement website, http://www.kaleme.com/1389/11/20/klm-46821/
- “Leipzig Mondays’ demonstrations and Tehran’s Calendar’s demonstrations; personal networks and spontaneous cooperation”, 2011, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/5779
- “A critique of being suspicious of the Green movement being a social movement”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/5625
- “Reflecting on the Green online social networks: ‘Strength of the weak ties’ II ”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/4778
- “Reflecting on how to strengthen the Green Movement’s informal social networks: ‘Strength of the weak ties’ I ”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/4276
- “Demonstrations; process and destination: the role of demonstrations in the survival of the Green Movement”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/2900
- “Reflecting on the interrelationships between repression, participation social incentives, and non-violence discourse: Executions: horrifying or motivating?”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/2591
- “Reflecting on the opportunity of restoration of social networks of The Green Movement: exchange of visits in the Norouz (the Iranian New Year)”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/1231
- “The Green Movement and the question of its spread across economically lower classes, ethnic minorities, and the workers”, 2010, Tehran Review, http://tehranreview.net/articles/706
- “Symbolic Leader, Political Leader, and Paradigm Leaders; the Leadership in the Green Movement”, 2010, Jomhourikhahi, http://www.jomhourikhahi.com/2010/01/leadership_in_green_movement.html#more
- “The Green Movement and the Role of its Leaders”, 2010, Gozaar: A Forum on Human Rights and Democracy in Iran), http://www.gozaar.org/index.php?language=english
Other Publications (selection)
- “The Role of Cultural Identity in the thought of Parviz Varjavand (speaker of 5th National Front party (“Jebhe-ye-Melli”))”, Kargozaran Daily, 10-June-2008, http://kargozaaran.com/ShowNews.php?13143.
- “Elements of a Gap: Review of the Relationship between 5th National Front party (“Jebhe-ye-Melli”) and the Reformist Movement”, Ham-Mihan Daily, 24-june-2007.
- “Mosadegh and Healing the Gap between the Nation and the State”, Shargh Daily, 19-may-2007.
- “Reflections on the Journalism of Fatemi (Deputy Prime Minister –Mosadegh- in 1st Jebhe-ye-Melli’s cabinet (1950s))”, Etemad Weekly, 10-may-2007.
- “The Impact of the Internet and the Reaction of Non-Democratic States”, Etemad Weekly, 3-may-2007.
- “Some are more Unequal than Others! On Ethnic Groups in Iran”, http://www.advarnews.info/article/4695.aspx
- “Uniting (Iran and Venezuela) vs. International Society’s Norms”, http://www.advarnews.info/article/5241.aspx
 RASA (Resane Sabz-e Iran or Iran’s Green Media) is an independent opposition satellite television.